The Foundation has worked to develop reforestation, habitat reconstruction, and agro forestry activities utilizing native species for the last 12 years in the Galapagos Islands. It has established a plant conservation center for the production of native plant species.
It also collaborates with local landowners to develop clean agricultural alternatives for the production of vegetables and fruits to sell to local universities, restaurants and hotels. Volunteers collaborate on a variety of projects organized at the Biological Station.
- Experience the unique flora and fauna of the Galapagos Island
- Help conserve endangered species and make a difference
Availability All year round
- Volunteer houses – shared rooms
- Full board
Program duration 1 week+
Able to adapt to different living conditions (country side).
Age Range : 18 years old minimum, families, high school and college groups
- Airport pickup in Quito.
- One night hostel accommodation, breakfast included.
- Detailed orientation meeting in Quito.
- Accommodation at project.
- Full board during the program.
- 24/7 local assistance.
- International and *domestic flights (Galapagos flight upon request).
- Personal travel insurance.
- Galapagos National Park Entrance fee and Immigration Card USD 120.00
The program is opened year round.
From USD 1345.00 – two week program.
Volunteers will work on both the habitat restoration and agricultural components while at the reserve. In addition the foundation staff will lead volunteers on various hikes to a nearby lagoon, native forests, beaches, and local villages to explain the ecological and human dynamic of Galapagos. Opportunities to work on group research and monitoring projects are available.
Further tasks are:
- Help with reforestation
- Create your own project or help with conservation projects
- Station maintenance
- agricultural activities for self supply
Working hours: Monday to Friday (8:30 – 4:00pm approx.)
Weekends: Free time (If desired, volunteers are welcome to stay at the Station).
Please note: Itineraries and activities are subject to change, according to the time of the year and to the stations needs.
GET Ecuador gives personalized assistance to all our participants, just complete the following steps:
1. Decide the approximate travel date and program or trip.
2. Send an email including name or names of the applicants, date you wish to start, and any questions you may have to: email@example.com
3. Your e-mail will be answered within 24 – 48 hours by e-mail.
4. You will receive the confirmation of your reservation, application form and payment options.
GET Ecuador organizes customized programs for groups of 4 or more. We can offer private departures on any of our published itineraries enabling friends, families or organizations to enjoy any volunteer and travel program at special rates.
Dates can be chosen to suit your needs.
(Dates are subject to seasonal/operational restrictions).