The day care center has been created in 1980`s in order to assist mainly single mothers on the Galapagos Islands. It is part of the local government´s plan for infants and children who need a place to stay while their mothers work. Fathers usually spend many days out of their homes fishing and working on other islands.
At the day care centers children share time with others and most importantly have someone who looks after them.
The centers receive babies from 3 months up to 4-5 years. Toddlers learn English vocabulary and enjoy playing with volunteers.
The collaboration of volunteers is very important for the day care. Time and love are the most important things children need to reinforce their self esteem.
- Learn about a different culture and share your time and love with children you will never forget.
- Collaborate with the day care centre and enjoy the beautiful Galapagos Islands.
- Participate in a variety of activities focused on child care.
LOCATION The project is based on San Cristobal and Santa Cruz Islands
AVAILABILTY April – December (January – depending of the needs at the Centre)
ACCOMODATION Host family or volunteer house
MEALS Half board, seven days a week
PROGRAM DURATION Two – eight weeks
AGES 18 years old +
FAMILIES AND GROUPS upon request
Volunteers should be patient and willing to love children, and have the strength to deal with emotional situations.
Basic Spanish level is required
- Airport pickup at arrival.
- Accommodation in Quito (one night at arrival).
- Detailed orientation in Quito.
- Accommodation at a local family in the Galapagos Islands.
- Two meals per day (7 days a week).
- 24/7 hour local assistance in Quito and Galapagos.
- International and *domestic flights.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Any activities over and above your program.
*Galapagos flight ticket upon request.
The program is opened from May to February for individual participants. Groups please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
From: USD 1275.00 – 2 weeks program
Volunteers will provide general care and assistance in looking after the children. This will involve playing games, helping children with their homework during the afternoons, etc. You will be assigned activities depending on your level of Spanish.
The following areas are some of the options where you can volunteer:
- Ensure all children wash their hands.
- Provide care and support for the children and make sure they stay with the group.
- Plan activities in advance and ensure all materials are ready on the day of the project.
- Participate in activities and help children successfully complete projects.
- Ensure the children adhere to the program rules.
- Help children with assignments and homework.
- Help the teachers with in class activities.
- Supervise children during break time.
- Help the staff during snack and meal times.
- Organize the children to clean up at the end of the day.
GET Ecuador gives personalized assistance to all our participants, just complete the following steps:
1. Decide the approximate travel date and program or trip.
2. Send an email including name or names of the applicants, date you wish to start, and any questions you may have to: email@example.com
3. Your e-mail will be answered within 48 hours by e-mail.
4. You will receive the confirmation of your reservation, application form and payment options.
GET Ecuador organize customized programs for groups of 4 or more. We can offer private departures on any of our published itineraries enabling friends, families or organizations to enjoy any volunteer and travel program at special rates.
Dates can be chosen to suit your needs.