In today’s globalized world, internships in South America are an impressive addition to a resume. Experience in an emerging economy will give you extremely valuable first-hand knowledge, appreciated greatly by future employers. We understand that living and working abroad might be challenging, therefore working with a team to help you navigate the administrative, cultural and social challenges is a key to help you make the most of your time abroad. We are based locally and offer 24/7 assistance.
Get Ecuador offers applicants an amazing opportunity to gain vital work experience in a local organization, develop extensive networks and connections, improve Spanish language skills, and gain professional experience in an emerging economy in rapid development.
We offer Internships in various fields through our partnerships with local companies, organizations, and a wide range of Ecuadorian and International firms.
Students are placed based on their academic background, personal and professional interests. Positions are not paid but receive a weekend trip during their stay.
GET Ecuador chooses the locations and organizations based on availability and intern’s background. It cannot be guaranteed that an intern can be placed in a chosen company. The types of business organizations an intern can act at are based on a number of factors:
- Level of Spanish
- Abilities required
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Environment and Biology
- Social Studies
- Social Work
- Tourism and Hospitality
Internships are available from 8-12 weeks (no visa required)
Longer placements are available upon request.
Applications should be sent with 3 months advance of the intended arrival date, year round, except in December 01th – January 05th, when the program is closed.
What is included?
- Search for internship opportunity in selected business organizations
- Two weeks accommodation with selected host families, half board
- Orientation meeting at the beginning of the course.
- Transfer service from the airport at arrival
- Support, advice and personal assistance for the entire stay
- Assistance on accommodation alternatives
- Certificate at the end of the program
- Information about excursions to the jungle, beaches, and around Ecuador during your stay
- International flights
- Personal travel insurance
- Spanish lessons, available upon request. USD 175 per week (20 hours – one to one)
The program is opened year round.
Minimum comitment time is 8 weeks : USD730.00
Internships are based on participant’s interests and background. We will have a Skype interview so we can match you with the best placement available.
- Send an email including the number of weeks you wish to do your Internship. Please include your resume to: email@example.com
- Your e-mail will be answered within 48 hours, so we can start the selection process.