The program has been created to keep children safe and give them the opportunity to learn instead of staying in the streets while their parents work.
The main objective of the program is to improve the educational opportunities and life quality of children and families All of whom don’t have the economical support to afford private education, food, medical insurance, or other needs.
Volunteers are the basic resource for the project. Time and love are the most important things children need to reinforce their self esteem.
- Learn about a different culture and share your time and love with children you will never forget.
- Collaborate with street children programs in Quito to make possible a better quality of life for children.
- Participate in a variety of activities focused on children care.
- Host families or volunteer house
- Meals: Half board, seven days a week
Program Duration: Two – twelve weeks
Age range: 18 years +
Families and groups, upon request.
- Volunteers should be patient and willing to love children, and the strength to deal with emotional situations.
- Basic Spanish level is required
What is Included?
- Accommodation at home stay or volunteer house. (Half board).
- Detailed orientation and walking tour in the city.
- Airport pickup at arrival.
- 24/7 hour local assistance.
- International flight.
- Local transportation.
- Personal travel insurance.
The program is opened year round, except holidays. Please email us for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
From : USD 695.00 – Two week program
Volunteers will provide general care and assistance in looking after the children. This will involve playing games, help children with their homework during the afternoons, etc. You will be assigned activities depending on your level of Spanish.
The following areas are some of the options where you can volunteer:
The Street Outreach program
School Support Program
Some of your responsibilities at the above mentioned programs are:
- Daily attendance in the class.
- Improve hygiene by ensuring that all the kids wash their hands and brush their teeth.
- Help children with assignments and homework.
- Choose and create activities for children to do once homework is complete.
- Supervise children during break time and ensure they do not distract other children who are still working.
- Organize children to clean up at the end of the day.
- Provide care and support to the children and make sure they stay within the group.
- Plan activities in advance, and ensure all materials are ready for the day the project is going to be done.
- Participate in activities, and help children successfully complete projects.
Working hours: Monday to Friday (8:30 – 2:00pm) Additional hours in the afternoon according to your Spanish level.
Please note: Itineraries and activities are subject to change, according to the time of the year. During Summer time, camps and excursions are organized; you will be actively involved on it. Your help and new ideas will be appreciated for the organization.
* Please let us know what age group you prefer and we will find the most suitable placement for you.
GET Ecuador gives personalized assistance to all our participants, just complete the following steps:
1. Decide the approximate travel date and program or trip.
2. Send an email including name or names of the applicants, date you wish to start, and any questions you may have to: email@example.com
3. Your e-mail will be answered within 48 hours by e-mail.
4. You will receive the confirmation of your reservation, application form and payment options.
GET Ecuador organizes customized programs for groups of 4 or more. We can offer private departures on any of our published itineraries enabling friends, families or organizations to enjoy any volunteer and travel program at special rates.
Dates are subject to seasonal/operational restrictions.