In Ecuador it is very important to learn English from early years. GET Ecuador partners with pre-schools, primary schools, middle schools, high schools and English Schools throughout Ecuador to link these organizations with international volunteers or English teachers. Applicants will also assist with other subjects such as Math, Science, Computer skills, Extra-curricular activities and Sports if required by the local Institution.
Working directly with Ecuadorian students will give volunteers and teachers the chance to learn about many of the issues they face every day and a deep understanding of the local culture. International volunteers and English teachers also provide Ecuadorian students with the unique experience of getting to know a foreigner and serve as mentors and role models to the students.
Positions are paid and unpaid depending on the Educational Institution, teacher´s experience and available time to join the program.
- Share your time and love with children, teenagers and adults while you teach English.
- Explore Quito, one of the most beautiful cities in South America declared Patrimony of the Humanity and it´s surrounding areas.
- Improve your Spanish skills by communicating with students and local family.
English teachers are placed based on their academic background, personal and professional interests. Positions are paid and unpaid according to the each candidates´ experience.
GET Ecuador chooses the locations and educational institutions based on availability and teacher´s background and the following factors:
- Age : 21 years minimum
- Level of Spanish
- Time of the year and available time to join the program
- Abilities required
- Teaching experience for paid positions
- Social NGO´s
- Primary or secondary educational institutions
- English schools
- Cultural exchange organizations
The program is offered from 8-12 weeks (no visa required)
Placements over 12 weeks require visa process. For more information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent with 3 months in advance.
- Home stays, half board
- Shared apartments
What is included
- Search for a teaching opportunity in selected educational institutions
- Two weeks accommodation with selected host families, half board
- Orientation meeting at the beginning of the course.
- Transfer service from the airport at arrival
- Support, advice and personal assistance for the entire stay
- Assistance on accommodation alternatives
- Certificate at the end of the program
- Information about excursions to the jungle, beaches, and around Ecuador during your stay
- International airline tickets
- Personal travel insurance
The program is opened year round, except December 15th – January 05th
From USD 580 (Eight weeks minimum placement time)
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Taking daily attendance in classes
- Teach English to different age groups
- Prepare school material
- Assist the local English teacher in assigned tasks
- Organize English conversation clubs to practice pronunciation
|7:00||Breakfast at the host family or apartment|
|14:00||Afternoon classes for groups|
|17:30 – 19:00||Classes for adults|
- The schedule will depend on your placement. Teaching at schools is in the morning, while at English Schools afternoon and evenings.
- Itineraries and activities are subject to change, according to the time of the year, and according to school needs.
- Available paid placements in other locations for teachers with proved experience upon request.
GET Ecuador gives personalized assistance to all our participants, just complete the following steps:
1. Decide the approximate travel date you will be able to participate on the program, and send your resume to: email@example.com
2. We will contact you in the next 48 hours to Schedule a skype call and start the placement process.