The acquisition of a foreign language for a Galapagos resident provides countless personal, social, and economic opportunities. More importantly, foreign language skills are not limited to tourism, but include areas such as scientific research, education and many others. The English language program offers courses for children ages 4-12, teenagers ages 13-18, and adults at all skill levels.
Availability April 25th – February 20th
Accommodation Home stays / Half-board
Program duration Three weeks minimum / Maximum 10 weeks
Age range 18 years +
- Motivation to teach English to children, teenagers or adults.
- Teaching experience is not required.
- Share your time with people who live in the Galapagos Islands, while you practice conversational English.
- Experience the unique nature of the Galapagos Islands.
- Improve your Spanish skills by communicating with students and local family.
- Airport pickup at arrival in Quito.
- One night hostel accommodation in Quito.
- Detailed orientation meeting and walking tour of the city.
- Accommodation at home stay in San Cristobal Island – half board.
- 24 /7 hour assistance.
- International and *domestic flights (Galapagos flight upon request).
- Personal travel insurance.
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee USD 120
- Any activities beyond your planned itinerary.
May 1th – February 25th
From USD 1210 – Three week program
Some of your responsibilities as a volunteer include:
- Daily attendance in classes
- Teach English to children of different age groups
- Focus the lessons on conservation topics on Galapagos
- Help children with their homework
- Lead discussion groups about topics concerning Galapagos
|7:00||Breakfast at the host family|
|8:30||Free time – prepare lessons of the day|
|14:00||After school children come to project to learn English and learn about the conservation of their home Galapagos.|
|17:30 – 19:00||Classes for adults|
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 14:00 – 19:00 approx.
Please note: Itineraries and activities are subject to change, according to the time of the year, and according to school needs.
GET Ecuador gives personalized assistance to all our participants, just complete the following steps:
1. Decide the approximate travel date and program or trip.
2. Send an email including name or names of the applicants, date you wish to start, and any questions you may have to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Your e-mail will be answered within 48 hours by e-mail.
4. You will receive the confirmation of your reservation, application form and payment options.
GET Ecuador organize customized programs for groups of 4 or more. We can offer private departures on any of our published itineraries enabling friends, families or organizations to enjoy any volunteer and travel program at special rates.
Dates can be chosen to suit your needs.